Coronavirus UpdateDate posted: 11 January 2021
Book with Confidence
We will continue to put in place all the required safety measures to keep you and your family safe whilst on holiday. We will also offer extra flexibility for all bookings in 2021, allowing you to move your holiday to another date in 2021 or 2022 if you are unable to travel due to Coronavirus, such as:
- · the park being closed by government restrictions
- · local tier restrictions (at home or in Cornwall)
- · you (or a member of your party) being required to self-isolate
Any holiday moved to an alternative date will be charged at the tariff rate in place for the new dates. We want to reassure you that you will not lose your money if you are unable to travel.
During 2021 some of the park facilities may be subject to opening or operating restrictions. We will inform you of the latest updates and measures in place the week before you are due to arrive.
What to expect at Beachside in 2021
Due to the ever-changing situation at the moment, and regularly-updated government guidance, we will be continually reviewing how and what facilities we are able to offer. Unfortunately due to government restrictions some facilities may either be limited or not available (subject to review). We will inform you of the latest updates and measures in place the week before you are due to arrive.
The safety of our customers, staff and local community is our highest priority and we will be putting in place extra measures to keep everyone safe. Our self-contained accommodation and well-spaced pitches provide natural social distancing. We are also lucky to have the large expanse of Hayle beach right at the front of Beachside, where there is always space to spread out. We are following all relevant government guidance, carried out a thorough risk assessment and have gained the tourism industry standard accreditation from VisitEngland.
Our teams are working incredibly hard, under frequently changing guidelines, to keep you safe and we ask for your patience and understanding during these difficult circumstances. We want everyone to have a safe and happy holiday, so we also ask you to take your own precautions and we thank you for your support in helping us all achieve this together.
Here is a summary of what to expect as part of your holiday experience at Beachside this year:
- · All staff and customers will be required to maintain 2m social distancing
- · We encourage you to wash your hands more often and for at least 20 seconds
- · Hand sanitisers & hand hygiene messages available at key locations
- · Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas such as the reception, shop & launderette
- · Social distancing signage & pedestrian lay-bys in key locations. Please walk on the left of all paths and roads
- · To assist in maintaining a reduced number of people on the park, unfortunately visitors or day guests will not be permitted
- · Social gatherings during your stay must follow current government guidelines. There must not be individual groups larger than 6, and groups must not mix socially or form larger groups. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times around the park
- · Avoid touching your face and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Throw away tissues immediately, then wash or sanitise your hands
- · Enhanced cleaning and sanitising procedures to support our existing high standards within our accommodation, added extra disinfection in the cleaning of all our accommodation, to include all touch points such as light and plug switches and soft furnishings
- · More frequent and enhanced cleaning in public areas, including doubling the frequency of cleaning in our toilet and shower block and we will be regularly disinfecting frequently touched points such as handrails and door handles
- · During busy times, the swimming pool will be operated for 1-hour sessions, changing on the hour. This is because we have a reduced maximum capacity in the pool area.
- · Additional toilet provision within the touring areas, to support reduced capacity at main shower/toilet block. Unfortunately, queues are likely during peak times due to social distancing
- · Guests with motorhomes or caravans will be required to please use your own shower/toilet facilities. Accommodation customers will not be permitted to use the toilet and shower block
- · Unfortunately, facilities to freeze ice blocks in the shop will not be available this year
- · Accommodation guests may find some non-essential inventory items have been removed from the accommodation (such as mops, additional glasses, eggcups and teapots). If you require any of these, please contact reception by phone on 01736 753080.
- · Due to unforeseen circumstances, any specific accommodation requests may need to be changed at short notice. We will only do this if necessary.
- · All payment points will have perspex screens, requiring contactless payments
- · You may like to consider bringing the following items with you:
- o face coverings
- o disposable cleaning cloths
- o antibacterial household wipes
- o hand sanitiser
- o regular cleaning products such as washing up liquid, disinfectant
- o your own supplies of food and drink to reduce reliance and congestion in local shops on arrival days
- · For accommodation guests
- o All bed linen is provided, but please bring your own towels and tea towels.
- o Electricity is included in our lodges, apartments and bungalows. Electricity is by pre-payment meter in our other accommodation. We will explain how to add credit to your meter when you check in.
- · For touring and camping customers
- o It is essential that you check-in at reception before moving onto your pitch
- o We will give you pitching instructions on arrival to maintain social distancing and fire separation
- o The price for your pitch includes up to four persons and one car. If you have additional persons or an extra car, these must be notified to us and paid by phone before arrival.
We are aware of everyone’s need to escape for some relaxation at the moment, but for the safety of all our guests and staff, anyone found acting irresponsibly or repeatedly breaking the guidelines above will unfortunately be asked to leave Beachside immediately without refund.
If you or anyone you live with feels unwell with Coronavirus symptoms – don’t travel – stay at home and get a test. Before you travel, we must emphasise the importance of not having any Coronavirus symptoms:
- · a new continuous cough;
- · high temperature;
- · loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
- · Or have been told or recommended to self-isolate due to you or a member of your household having had symptoms; or been told to self-isolate by NHS track and trace
Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss moving your booking. If you are unable to come on holiday due to Covid-19, we promise to move your booking to another date this year or next year (please see our Book with Confidence section above). We will refuse your stay if you are showing Coronavirus symptoms on arrival.
Please show consideration for our local community. We request that you respect social distancing in local shops, restaurants and attractions. You might want to consider booking ahead for any restaurants or visitor attractions. It has been a challenging time for everyone and many local businesses have had huge challenges, change and uncertainty over the last few months. They are all excited to open and looking forward to welcoming you, but some of the changes that have been imposed on us all are very last minute – please be kind and patient!
Finally, we understand that your holiday experience at Beachside this year will be different, however we still expect you to have a fantastic time and thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times. We look forward to greeting you soon!