Coronavirus UpdateDate posted: 11 January 2021
Updated: 18 December 2021
Book with Confidence
We will continue to put in place all the required safety measures to keep you and your family safe whilst on holiday. We will also offer extra flexibility for all bookings in 2022, allowing you to move your holiday to another date in 2022 or 2023 if you are unable to travel due to Coronavirus, such as:
- · the park being closed by government restrictions
- · local tier restrictions (at home or in Cornwall)
- · you (or a member of your party) being required to self-isolate
Any holiday moved to an alternative date will be charged at the tariff rate in place for the new dates. We want to reassure you that you will not lose your money if you are unable to travel.
Due to changes in government guidance, some of the park facilities may be subject to opening or operating restrictions. We will inform you of the latest updates and measures in place shortly before you are due to arrive.
What to expect at Beachside in 2022
The safety of our customers, staff and local community is our highest priority and we will be putting in place the necessary measures to keep everyone safe. Our self-contained accommodation and well-spaced pitches provide natural social distancing. We are also lucky to have the large expanse of Hayle beach right at the front of Beachside, where there is always space to spread out. We are following all relevant government guidance, carried out a thorough risk assessment and have gained the tourism industry standard accreditation from VisitEngland.
Our teams are working incredibly hard, under frequently changing guidelines, to keep you safe and we ask for your patience and understanding during these difficult circumstances. We want everyone to have a safe and happy holiday, so we also ask you to take your own precautions and we thank you for your support in helping us all achieve this together.
Here is a summary of what to expect as part of your holiday experience at Beachside this year:
- · We encourage you to wash your hands more often and for at least 20 seconds
- · Hand sanitisers & hand hygiene messages available at key locations
- · Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas such as the reception, shop & launderette
- · You may like to consider bringing the following items with you:
- o face coverings
- o disposable cleaning cloths
- o antibacterial household wipes
- o hand sanitiser
- o regular cleaning products such as washing up liquid, disinfectant
For accommodation guests
- · Enhanced cleaning and sanitising procedures to support our existing high standards within our accommodation, added extra disinfection in the cleaning of all our accommodation, to include all touch points such as light and plug switches and soft furnishings
- · Some non-essential inventory items have been removed from the accommodation (such as mops, additional glasses, eggcups and teapots). If you require any of these, please contact reception by phone on 01736 753080.
- · Due to unforeseen circumstances, any specific accommodation requests may need to be changed at short notice. We will only do this if necessary.
- · All bed linen is provided, but please bring your own towels and tea towels.
- · Electricity is included in our lodges, apartments and bungalows. Electricity is by pre-payment meter in our chalets. We will explain how to add credit to your meter when you check in.
For touring and camping customers
- · It is essential that you check-in at reception before moving onto your pitch.
- · Unfortunately, facilities to re-freeze ice blocks in the shop will not be available this year, but pre-frozen ice blocks can be purchased (subject to shop opening times).
- · We will give you pitching instructions on arrival to maintain fire separation
- · The price for your pitch includes up to four persons and one car. If you have additional persons or an extra car, these must be notified to us and paid by phone before arrival.
We are aware of everyone’s need to escape for some relaxation at the moment, but for the safety of all our guests and staff, anyone found acting irresponsibly or repeatedly breaking the guidelines above will unfortunately be asked to leave Beachside immediately without refund.
Please show consideration for our local community. We request that you respect social distancing in local shops, restaurants and attractions. You might want to consider booking ahead for any restaurants or visitor attractions. It has been a challenging time for everyone and many local businesses have had huge challenges, change and uncertainty recently. They are all excited to open and looking forward to welcoming you, but some of the changes that have been imposed on us all are very last minute – please be kind and patient!
We still expect you to have a fantastic time and thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times. We look forward to greeting you soon!
Before Your Stay
If you or anyone you live with feels unwell with Coronavirus symptoms – don’t travel – stay at home and get a test. Before you travel, we must emphasise the importance of not having any Coronavirus symptoms:
- · a new continuous cough;
- · high temperature;
- · loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
- · Or have been told or recommended to self-isolate due to you or a member of your household having had symptoms; or been told to self-isolate by NHS track and trace
Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss moving your booking. If you are unable to come on holiday due to Covid-19, we promise to move your booking to another date this year or next year (please see our Book with Confidence section above). We will refuse your stay if you are showing Coronavirus symptoms on arrival.