2020 Re-opening UpdateDate posted: 24 June 2020
Updated: 20 September 2020
To enable you to safely enjoy your holiday with us this year we need to inform you of some very important changes, whilst providing you with assurance and confidence that we are complying with Government guidance in managing the risk to Stay Covid-19 Secure.
We are in uncertain times and if you are unable to come on holiday due to Covid-19, we promise to move your booking, without admin charge to another date this year or next year.
Whilst Beachside will provide the magic that you are all looking forward to, unfortunately due to Government restrictions some facilities will either be limited or not available (subject to review). Of course, our famous golden sandy beach will here for you to enjoy. Our toilet and shower block will close on 26th September 2020. Bookings after this date are on the assumption that you have your own toilet and wash facilities in your caravan or motorhome. Our chemical toilet disposal point, water points and motorhome service points will remain open until the end of the season.
Facility opening 2020:
Shop & Takeaway Open (Closing October 2nd 2020)
Mini Coast – a new pop-up takeaway bar Open (Closing September 25th 2020)
RNLI Beach Lifeguards Open (Closing September 27th 2020)
Children’s Playgrounds Open
Toilet & Shower Block (for touring & camping guests only) Open (Closing September 25th 2020)
Swimming Pool Open (Closing October 2nd 2020)
Beach Shack Closed
Coast (our new restaurant, bar and soft play area) Closed
Games Room Closed
The safety of our customers, staff and local community is our highest priority and we will be putting in place extra measures to keep everyone safe. Our self-contained accommodation and well-spaced pitches provide natural social distancing. We are also lucky to have the large expanse of Hayle beach right at the front of Beachside, where there is always space to spread out. We are following all relevant government guidance, carried out a thorough risk assessment and have gained the tourism industry standard accreditation from VisitEngland.
Please plan your journey to only arrive at Beachside, during your allocated time slot. Guests that arrive early, will be asked to leave the park and return later at their designated time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide parking before your allocated check-in time. This is important to reduce the number of people arriving at the same time and to give our staff the safest and most effective way of getting your accommodation or pitch ready for you.
|Arrival Time||Departure Time|
|Touring & Camping||11am – 2pm||9am|
|2pm – 4pm||9am|
|Chalets||4pm – 6pm||9am|
|Bungalows||6pm – 8pm||10am|
- o If arriving on a Saturday, you will be greeted by a member of our security team who will confirm your correct arrival time
- o You will be directed to a member of the reception team who will welcome you and explain how to get to your accommodation or pitch (whilst remaining in your vehicle and maintaining social distancing)
- o One member of your party will be asked to walk over to reception, where your information pack, parking permit and key will be issued (whilst remaining socially distant). Keys will be cleaned and placed into a sealed bag before issuing
- o If arriving during the week, please enter reception where we will check you in from behind our screened reception desk. Please remember to wear a face covering in reception
- o It is important that you leave promptly before the allocated departure time to allow our cleaning team enough time to carry out enhanced cleaning
- o Place all bed linen in the plastic bag in which it was delivered & leave in the bath or shower
- o All refuse and recycling must be placed in wheelie bins
- o Open all windows to provide ventilation (subject to weather). If you depart during the night, please only leave small windows open, maintaining security.
- o Place your key in the key box outside reception door, along with the departure slip issued with your key. This is to tell us that you have departed and if any member of your party had any symptoms of Coronavirus during your stay
- o We regret that with the exception of high-value items, we will not be able to store or return lost property due to potential hygiene risks
- o It is important that you leave promptly before 9am to allow us to prepare for the next arrivals
- o All refuse and recycling must be placed in wheelie bins
- o We regret that with the exception of high-value items, we will not be able to store or return lost property
Here is a summary or what to expect as part of your holiday experience at Beachside this year:
- · All staff and customers will be required to maintain 2m social distancing
- · We encourage you to wash your hands more often and for at least 20 seconds
- · Hand sanitisers & hand hygiene messages available at key locations
- · Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas such as the reception, shop & launderette
- · Social distancing signage & pedestrian lay-bys in key locations. Please walk on the left of all paths and roads
- · To assist in maintaining a reduced number of people on the park, unfortunately visitors or day guests will not be permitted
- · Social gatherings during your stay must follow current government guidelines. There must not be individual groups larger than 6, and groups must not mix socially or form larger groups. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times around the park
- · Avoid touching your face and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Throw away tissues immediately, then wash or sanitise your hands
- · Enhanced cleaning and sanitising procedures to support our existing high standards within our accommodation, added extra disinfection in the cleaning of all our accommodation, to include all touch points such as light and plug switches and soft furnishings
- · More frequent and enhanced cleaning in public areas, including doubling the frequency of cleaning in our toilet and shower block and we will be regularly disinfecting frequently touched points such as handrails and door handles
- · During busy times, the swimming pool will be operated for 1-hour sessions, changing on the hour. This is because we have a reduced maximum capacity in the pool area.
- · Additional toilet provision within the touring areas, to support reduced capacity at main shower/toilet block. Unfortunately, queues are likely during peak times due to social distancing
- · Guests with motorhomes or caravans will be required to please use your own shower/toilet facilities. Accommodation customers will not be permitted to use the toilet and shower block
- · Unfortunately, facilities to freeze ice blocks in the shop will not be available this year
- · Accommodation guests may find some non-essential inventory items have been removed from the accommodation (such as mops, additional glasses, eggcups and teapots). If you require any of these, please contact reception by phone on 01736 753080.
- · Due to unforeseen circumstances, any specific accommodation requests may need to be changed at short notice. We will only do this if necessary.
- · All payment points will have perspex screens, requiring contactless payments
- · You may like to consider bringing the following items with you:
- o face coverings
- o disposable cleaning cloths
- o antibacterial household wipes
- o hand sanitiser
- o regular cleaning products such as washing up liquid, disinfectant
- o your own supplies of food and drink to reduce reliance and congestion in local shops on arrival days
- · For accommodation guests
- o All bed linen is provided, but please bring your own towels and tea towels.
- o Electricity is included in our lodges, apartments and bungalows. Electricity is by pre-payment meter in our other accommodation. We will explain how to add credit to your meter when you check in.
- · For touring and camping customers
- o It is essential that you check-in at reception before moving onto your pitch
- o We will give you pitching instructions on arrival to maintain social distancing and fire separation
- o The price for your pitch includes up to four persons and one car. If you have additional persons or an extra car, these must be notified to us and paid by phone before arrival.
We are aware of everyone’s need to escape for some relaxation at the moment, but for the safety of all our guests and staff, anyone found acting irresponsibly or repeatedly breaking the guidelines above will unfortunately be asked to leave Beachside immediately without refund.
We have made significant progress with the refurbishment and extension of our main facilities building. Unfortunately, due to the lockdown, Coast, our new restaurant/bar/indoor soft play area will now open in 2021, but we have an exciting new popup takeaway bar for this summer located at the front of Beachside overlooking the sea.
If you or anyone you live with feels unwell with Coronavirus symptoms – don’t travel – stay at home and get a test. Before you travel, we must emphasise the importance of not having any Coronavirus symptoms:
- · a new continuous cough;
- · high temperature;
- · loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
- · Or have been told or recommended to self-isolate due to you or a member of your household having had symptoms; or been told to self-isolate by NHS track and trace
Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss moving your booking. If you are unable to come on holiday due to Covid-19, we promise to move your booking, without admin charge to another date this year or next year. We will refuse your stay if you are showing Coronavirus symptoms on arrival.
If you think you may have Coronavirus symptoms during your stay:
- · Inform us by phone on 01736 753080
- · Immediately self-isolate to minimise any risk of transmission · Request a test (by calling 119 or visiting http://111.nhs.uk/covid-19)
- · For medical advice please contact NHS111 (do not visit a GP, health centre or pharmacy) or your home GP
- · If the test is confirmed positive, you should return home if you reasonably can. You should use private transport but only drive yourself if you can do so safely
- · Please keep us informed by phone
- · If you are contacted by Test & Trace whilst on holiday you must notify us immediately that you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and asked to self-isolate
In line with our duty to maintain the details of all persons that visit the park, we must ask you to contact us before arrival with any variations to the persons in your party since making your original booking.
If you have an accommodation booking in a chalet plus, apartment or seafront lodge, we request where at all possible that you only bring one car with you. There will be extremely limited space in the car park to enable us to carry out check-in in a safe, distanced way.
Please show consideration for our local community. We request that you respect social distancing in local shops, restaurants and attractions. You might want to consider booking ahead for any restaurants or visitor attractions. It has been a challenging time for everyone and many local businesses have had huge challenges, change and uncertainty over the last few weeks. They are all excited to open and looking forward to welcoming you, but the changes that have been imposed on us all are very last minute – please be kind and patient!
Finally, we understand that your holiday experience at Beachside this year will be different, however we still expect you to have a fantastic time and thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times. We look forward to greeting you soon!