2020 Re-opening UpdateDate posted: 24 June 2020
Following this years unprecedented events, we are now excited to announce the long-awaited news that Beachside will now be open from 4th July 2020. However to enable you to safely enjoy your holiday with us this year we need to inform you of some very important changes, whilst providing you with assurance and confidence that we are complying with Government guidance in managing the risk to Stay Covid-19 Secure.
We are in uncertain times and if you are unable to come on holiday due to Covid-19, we promise to move your booking, without admin charge to another date this year or next year.
Whilst Beachside will provide the magic that you are all looking forward to, unfortunately due to Government restrictions some facilities will either be limited or not available (subject to review). Of course, our famous golden sandy beach will here for you to enjoy.
Facility opening 2020:
Shop & Takeaway Open
Beach Shack Open
Mini Coast – a new pop-up takeaway bar Open
RNLI Beach Lifeguards Open
Children’s Playgrounds Open
Toilet & Shower Block (for touring & camping guests only) Open
Coast (our new restaurant, bar and soft play area) Closed
Swimming Pool Closed
Games Room Closed
The safety of our customers, staff and local community is our highest priority and we will be putting in place extra measures to keep everyone safe. Our self-contained accommodation and well-spaced pitches provide natural social distancing. Here is a summary or what to expect as part of your holiday experience at Beachside this year:
- Staggered arrival and departure times (please see below)
- Social distancing signage & pedestrian lay-bys in key locations
- Arriving guests will be met in the car park by team members to check-in and directed to pitch/accommodation on Saturday arrival day
- Keys pre-cleaned & handed over in sealed bags
- Guests with motorhomes or caravans will be required to please use your own shower/toilet facilities
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitising procedures to support our existing high standards within our accommodation, new reception, facilities & shower/toilet block
- Additional toilet provision within the touring areas, to support reduced capacity at main shower/toilet block. Unfortunately queues are likely during peak times due to social distancing
- Hand sanitisers & hand hygiene messages available at key locations
- All payment points will have perspex screens, encouraging contactless payments
- Social gatherings during your stay must follow current government guidelines, visitors will not be allowed and children must be accompanied by an adult at all times around the park
- Accommodation guests on departure will be required to place all bed linen in plastic bags provided & leave in the bath or shower; open all windows & place on latches to provide ventilation; leaving your key in the door
- All guests will be asked to contact reception, to confirm you have left the park.
- If you feel unwell with Coronavirus symptoms during your stay, immediately self-isolate in your accommodation or pitch & return home at the soonest opportunity. Please follow the departure instructions above & contact reception by phone to inform us you have left.
|Arrival Time||Departure Time|
|Touring & Camping||11am – 2pm||9am|
|2pm – 4pm||9am|
|Chalets||4pm – 6pm||10am|
|Bungalows||6pm – 8pm||11am|
Before you travel, we must emphasise the importance of not having any Coronavirus symptoms, such as a new continuous cough; high temperature; loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell. Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss moving your booking. In addition, please plan your journey to only arrive at Beachside, during your allocated time slot. Guests that arrive early, will be asked to return later at that time, as this gives our staff the safest and most effective way of getting your accommodation or pitch ready for you & understandably reduces the impact of a greater number of guests arriving around the same time.
Whilst on your holiday we will require everyone to act responsibly at all times, by strictly adhering to the Government’s guidance on social distancing and respecting other guests’ and our team’s space, which also applies when visiting tourism businesses and communities, within our local area.
If you have an existing booking, we will contact you by email in the next few days requesting your balance payment. Please make this payment online wherever possible, as our phones are still exceptionally busy at the moment.
Finally, we understand that your holiday experience at Beachside this year will be different, however we still expect you to have a fantastic time and thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times. We look forward to greeting you soon!